Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Shifting Gears - Going to Serbia

Saturday morning Henrietta and I got up, had breakfast, and walked back into Oxford to the bus station - how nice of her to make the trek to see me off!  It was an easy 45 minute ride to Heathrow (who knew!)  I waited for the rest of my new travel group at the ticket counter as instructed, but no one showed up there.   Not taking any chances, I went ahead and checked in for my flight, and wandered around Terminal 2 for a while.  On one of my wanderings I ran into Fr. Wright - great to see another familiar face from home!   We  met up with the rest of our fellow pilgrims,  and made the uneventful flight from London to Belgrade.  What a thrill to see my fellow seminarian and dear friend Shelley - we are so looking forward to being roommates on this trip, spending time catching up and sharing this unique experience together.

Here we are at the airport...
We met our bus and tour guide and made our way into Belgrade to the Hotel Prag, where we stayed for the next two nights.

In the lobby

No comments:

Post a Comment