Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

Tuesday morning the choir tour bus took us on our last journey - to the airport, where Rick, Ed, and I split and went our separate ways.  Rick went one way to catch a train to Manchester, Ed went another to catch his plane to Florence, and I took the Underground back to the Anglican Communion Office.  

Since the Canterbury Scholars Program didn't start till Wednesday, I spent the day close to the ACO, doing a little shopping along Portobello Road and boring things like laundry and repacking. I picked up a salad, some bread and wine, and decided to have dinner in my room, giving me time to do some catching up on posts to this blog!  After being around a bus full of choristers, having some quiet time alone to prepare for my transition to Canterbury was just what I needed!  And I'm glad I did some walking around London in the afternoon - this has been the last warm and sunny day I've seen in over a week...

The rooms at the ACO are quite lovely, and the beds really comfy!


No comments:

Post a Comment