Friday, June 19, 2009

Lounging in London

Thursday afternoon I traveled to London and then took the Underground to meet Henrietta. We planned our meeting at the French Institute because Henrietta needed to review a new movie called Je veux voir - I Want to See - with Catherine Deneuve.  It was an odd movie, shooting scenes in Lebanon after the bombings in 2006.  The director attended the screening and did a Q&A afterwards.  I've decided Henrietta is my newest hero.  You should have heard her debating with the director... brilliant (as they say here in England!)

After the movie we made our way back to Henrietta's apartment and crashed.  Friday morning we lounged around, chit chatting and sipping coffee - just what the doctor ordered after an intense two weeks at Canterbury.  And Henrietta has the most fabulous London flat - I love all her books and collectibles, which combine to make a most charming and cozy apartment.  

In the afternoon Henrietta had to attend a few meetings, so I spent the afternoon relaxing and re-packing my bags to shift around the weight of all the books I've bought!  When Henrietta returned, we walked down her street to eat Thai food (very tasty and really cheap!), then collected our bags to take the bus to Oxford for the weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment