Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sarum Saturday

Well, this day started out great (NOT)!  I plugged in my curling iron into my electricity adaptor and a minute or two in, the adaptor sparked, melted, and smoked.  Fortunately I was able to knock it out of the socket before anything worse happened, but now I've got to find another adaptor.  Without it, there's no recharging the computer and camera batteries or drying my hair!  Hoping to find one when we get back to London...

We took a different tack with today's schedule - sight seeing in the morning, followed by rehearsal after lunch.  We made a quick trip to Stonehenge and Old Sarum.  I've seen Stonehenge a few times before, so I was most interested in visiting Old Sarum.  Yet another glorious weather day, as you can tell from the photos below.


Outline of the foundation of the cathedral in the background.

A bridge over the moat leading to the castle.


A shot from the bridge at Old Sarum looking across the plain at the "new" cathedral.

We also had visitors from General at this afternoon's evensong!  Our classmate Susan and her partner Linda made it in time to hear us rehearse and then attend the service, followed by "a pint and a pie" at The Red Lion Pub.  Thanks, Susan and Linda, for dinner!  It was great to see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment