Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Leaving England

I'm glad I have the courage to travel on my own - it really is quite fun, once I get past my own nerves!  I've settled in well, gotten used to the different bank notes, learned how to order food at the local pub, and have figured out the train system well enough to get from place to place with transfers in between.  I wish we had more opportunities in America for train travel - it's a relatively smooth ride and the window views are fantastic!  But as I'm currently riding the train from Manchester to Oxford, it occurs to me that my 5 weeks in England are fast coming to an end.  This time tomorrow I'll be on a plane to Belgrade.  I'm looking forward to my next adventure, but I'm already beginning to miss England.  Who  knows - maybe someday I'll have a chance to come here for additional studies...

Blogging on the train and drinking tea.

After four hours on the train I met up again with Henrietta, stopped by a local pub to get dinner for her and my last pint of cider on my last night in England, and then walked around Oxford for the last time this trip.  Henrietta and I have had so much fun together!  Between the two of us we discussed all kinds of issues - personal, in the church, and the world.  Give us another week or so and I bet we'd have everything all figured out!  How grateful I am for new friends in different corners of the world.  

Many thanks, Henrietta!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment