Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Travel Tip #236

This morning was a great illustration of just how difficult it can be living in a former Communist country.  We awoke this morning to no water in the hotel, and at breakfast we learned it wasn't just the hotel, but the entire city.  They also had no idea when water service would be back up and running, expecting it to be out for days.

But here's where the travel tip comes in.  I rolled my eyes and chuckled when Mom included little boxes of individually wrapped handi-wipes with the electricity adapter she sent me before I left the country.  I packed a few of them in my suitcase, and boy, did they come in handy this particular morning!  So my newest travel tip is when traveling abroad, take along some packets of handi-wipes.  You never know when you might need them.

Ahh, the perpetual wisdom of mothers...thanks, Mom!  Shelley and I were a little cleaner today than we would have been otherwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment