Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sunday at St. George's

I woke up early again on Sunday morning, so I went to breakfast and then decided to get a couple hours of sun on the rooftop deck before church.  I've been reading a book included on the reading list for this course - The Shadow of the Galilean by Gerd Theissen, which is a book about the quest of the historical Jesus in narrative form.  It has been a great read, so I took it with me to the rooftop.

Some flowers on my walk to church

After church, Farrell and I had lunch with Fr. Bill, a priest at the cathedral and old friend of Fr. Wright's.  In fact, I first met Fr. Bill while visiting Fr. Wright at the hospital in the spring of 2008.  Our serendipitous meeting that Sunday morning planted the seed for my coming to St. George's for a course.  I love it when dreams become reality!  

We had lunch at the Legacy Hotel, where I discovered a fantastic refreshing beverage - lemonade with mint blended in...yummy!  Definitely working on getting a copy of this recipe so I can make this back home...

We also took some pictures from the restaurant balcony since the view was so nice.  You can see St. George's in the background.
I made it back to my room around three and crashed.  Two hours later I woke up, walked to a little grocery store to pick up some dinner, and then waited up for the arrival of my roommate, Caitlin.  I learned that she would be arriving around midnight and thought it best to stay up so that she wouldn't have to walk into a room with a sleeping stranger.  Once she arrived we said our quick hellos and then went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment