Tuesday, July 7, 2009

California Here I Come

It's great being back in NYC!  There's just no place like home, with familiar sights, sounds, and smells.  On Monday I walked over to 8th Ave for lunch and a desperately needed pedicure.  But that was about all the time I had for fun because there was laundry and re-packing to be done.

On the cab ride to LaGuardia

Since I'm still jet lagged, I woke up at 5:30 on Tuesday morning and couldn't get back to sleep. So I got up, made some coffee, updated my blog and finished packing for General Convention.  A short cab ride to LaGuardia at noon got me there in plenty of time to check in for my 2pm flight.  Things were looking great - we boarded on time and pulled out of the gate on time, but we were then delayed an hour for supposed bad weather to the West.  This caused me to miss my connecting flight in Minneapolis, so I was stuck there for the night - ugh!  So I took the shuttle to Mall of America for dinner...I can now say I've officially been there, but I didn't bother with a t-shirt.  I wasn't really that impressed.

Getting up for a 5:30 flight is making my jetlag worse!  Not to mention that I had to fly east to Detroit to then fly west to Orange County - the airline hub system is often counter-intuitive. So the last leg of my flight was 4 1/2 hours, and I arrived in sunny California at 10:30am local time.

Here's a view of the Rockies from the plane - can you believe this is my first trip to CA??

After collecting my baggage, it was Supershuttle to the rescue!  They had a van waiting, so I paid the ten bucks for a ride and got to the hotel in only 15 minutes.  The only downside was that I couldn't check in till 3.  Fortunately I ran into Billy, General's admissions director, so we stored our luggage and walked to the convention center.  It's great to see so many familiar faces...Convention is like one big family reunion!

The Anaheim Convention Center
Here's pics of Annie and me...

No comments:

Post a Comment