Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Walking Madonna

Professor Owens, this post is for you!  Before leaving for England, my OT professor Bob Owens, shared some of his photos from Salisbury.  He has a darling picture of his daughter holding the hand of the Walking Madonna statue.

One afternoon, I landed an opportunity to take some pictures of the statue without too many people around in the background.  However, there were three little boys who were running up about the same time I approached.  At first they didn't realize I was taking their pictures, but when they did, they began posing for me.  We had a wonderful little interchange, and afterwards they ran off to their mothers who were approaching, and shouted to them in their delightful accents, "Mummy, that lady was taking our photo!"  We exchanged waves and smiles as we walked our different ways.

I wonder just how many people have reached up to take the hand of this walking Madonna over the years . . .


Sorry the photos are sideways - my edits don't seem to be working properly. :(








1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Anna. It is nice to see the Walking Madonna again after all these years. I will alert our daughter Monica to your blog, to see if she remembers standing in that spot as a 5-year-old two decades ago. Looks as though you are having a wonderful time. Now, after your time in Salisbury, have a good look at Constable's paintings of the cathedral; most are in the Nat'l Gallery.
    Peace, Bob Owens

    ReplyDelete